Author Topic: HOME GAME THIS SATURDAY!!!  (Read 2325 times)

Offline NDN06

HOME GAME THIS SATURDAY!!!
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »
Just curious, how many of you were lucky enough to get tickets to the game, and will be there Saturday in your red and white? This should be a great first home game!

I didn't see anything posted on here about the game the Cards played against McNeese last week, but for those that are interested- Lamar only fell by 3 points, and I hear it was a pretty good game!

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
Re: HOME GAME THIS SATURDAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »
If anyone knows someone who has at least one extra ticket they are trying to get rid of please message me.  My husband wants to go to the game bad.  Thanks

No worries I scored 2 tickets in record timing on FB, thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:13:07 AM by Cheermom4 »

Offline NDN06

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »
:clap: You're lucky to have tickets!

Is that it? Just one other PNG fan from this message board going to the game this afternoon? I really thought there'd be a good turn out from the Indian fans  ???  Perhaps there will be, maybe they just don't get on here :)

See you at the game! (Never thought I'd say this, but) I'll be the one in RED!

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »
:clap: You're lucky to have tickets!

Is that it? Just one other PNG fan from this message board going to the game this afternoon? I really thought there'd be a good turn out from the Indian fans  ???  Perhaps there will be, maybe they just don't get on here :)

See you at the game! (Never thought I'd say this, but) I'll be the one in RED!

I know plenty of NDNS that will be at the game. 

Offline NDN06

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:52:03 PM »
LAMAR WINS!!!!!
21-14 over Webber International

What a fun game and fun atmosphere!! The fan support was awesome with people on their feet and cheering for the majority of the game! I knew there would be a lot of people since it was sold out, but I didn't expect all of that. I would highly recommend catching a home game... if you can get tickets
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:53:58 PM by NDN06 »

Offline PNGROW4650YRDLN

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:56 PM »
LAMAR WINS!!!!!
21-14 over Webber International

What a fun game and fun atmosphere!! The fan support was awesome with people on their feet and cheering for the majority of the game! I knew there would be a lot of people since it was sold out, but I didn't expect all of that. I would highly recommend catching a home game... if you can get tickets
People on their feet and cheering for the majority of the game is what our team needs each and every week also.

Offline Cajun78

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:59:34 AM »
Great Game.... Can't wait till the next one.. :woohoo:

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
I was there!! Lamar is far better than I could dream as a brand new team.  Special Teams play is amazing! Once the defense settled in, they were amazing as well.  Hussey is an unbelievable back.  I can't wait to see Harmon play.  The one negative thing I have to say is that the QB has to go. He is horrible.  He makes bad decisions.  He throws on the run when he could easily gain 5-10 yards by running.  That throw is almost always an interception or a near interception.  He overthrows.  He underthrows. He lobs and comes no where near his receiver. He shows off and loses the ball.  Finally, the percentages catch up to him and a receiver makes a big play for big yardage. He may have the most passing yards per game than any previous LU QB, but backyard football eventually gives some big yardage.  Better defenses will score a lot of points against the current QB.

I watched the spring game.  Bevil was horrible.  The first three plays were something like two batted balls and a a sack.  The 2nd string QB was better.  Don't remember his name.  He was on fire, but he abandoned the pocket too quickly and made mistakes.  I know I'm a homer, but Tatum is the best QB they have.  He played without enthusiasm, but he stayed in the pocket and made pinpoint accurate throws.  He was not exciting to watch.  He did not run the ball.  What he did was put the ball exactly where it needed to go.  At this point though, the 2nd string kid is far better than Bevil. 

Bevil came in with one of the coaches, and it looks like they are standing by him.  They are going to get rocked very soon if they leave him in once coaches get a chance to scout him effectively.  When we play a team with effective corners and safeties, it will be lights out football against LU.

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »
The following video was taken with my iPhone. I don't think I can zoom with it.  I just thought I'd show off some of the atmosphere.

LU enters the field for the first time in 21 years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpOBXaKrZLM

Halftime fireworks at the game. The grand finale was much nicer, but I had already quit filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQA_tgchUIk
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:28:40 AM by pngfan93 »

Offline NDN06

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:47:22 AM »
I agree, the QB needs to go... or needs to make some serious adjustments! He would pick what receiver he wanted, and threw to him NO MATTER WHAT! Several times his receiver would be covered by 2 or more guys and there would be another receiver wide open and he'd throw to the other guy anyway. I didn't make the game at McNeese, but had been hearing that the offense was great... I just wasn't that impressed. I know they're still young, so hopefully they can make adjustments where needed.

Offline lu cards

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »
what a night for setx and for png.we had four indians suited up for the cards.the atmosphere was as good as any ive witnessed.the tailgating was first class.everyone keep saying are you sure were in beaumont.bevil had a bad night.i went to the mcneese game and he looked awesome.hopefully he gets it together.the backup is hurt.he's 6 foot six and can chuck it.tatum chance may come soon if bevil has another game like last night.im ready for the sam houston game.

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »
Picked up my season tickets yesterday!! I'll be at every home game unless I'm working.