Author Topic: Soccer Updates?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
Soccer Updates?
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:28:03 PM »
Any news on soccer? I know the girls' team was off to a great start and both teams play LC-M tonight. After the incredible season last year, I figured we'd be hearing a lot about them this year.
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline pngmom4

• Veteran
Re: Soccer Updates?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »
I was told today by an LCM parent that our girls and the LCM girils are both undefeated.  I am not surprised by our girls, Coach Bates always seems to have a great team

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
That she does.
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 03:09:54 PM »
The boys team won their first playoff game against Liberty last night, 4-1. The girls play Jasper at Lamar's soccer stadium tonight at 6.

Offline PNGALWAYS

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:18:15 AM »
No new results?

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »
The girls beat Brenham (a first) last night, 3-2, and have made it to the fourth round of the playoffs (also a first). I know that from here on out, the playoff format get's a little wierd, but I believe this is the last round before the state tournament. I could be wrong about that.

Willis knocked the boys out last week.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:08:46 AM by bandkid »

Offline NDNzeke

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:48:28 PM »
No results of Waco Midway game???

Offline pngmom4

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »
Unfortunately, the girls lost to Waco Midway 6-0.

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
I heard today that Midway hasn't been scored on at all this season. Don't know if that's true.

Either way, the girls had an excellent season. It's not every year that a team breaks its own record.

Offline Automo 65

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 01:14:27 PM »
Congrats to the girls soccer team on a great season!