Author Topic: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2011  (Read 3447 times)

Offline PNG NDN Fan

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:26:11 PM by PNG NDN Fan »

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2002
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »
Any rule or reason the marching contest is always held at LCM?  When Indian Stadium is back online it would be a much better location with field turf and larger, more modern facilities.
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline PNG NDN Fan

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2002
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »
Probably a couple of reasons.

LCM (the Band Boosters especially) is willing to put forth the work to get the field ready, hand out programs, work the concession stands and generally do what is necessary to host an event that runs from ~10am until dark.It is also very quiet there with little background noise.  At the Rez you have to deal with the surrounding industrial noises. 

Over the past 30 years, I think the contest was once held at Lumberton, but other than that it has been LCM.

Offline IndianKen

• INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2004
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »
I PERSONALLY AM SO PROUD OF OUR PNG PURPLE AND WHITE BAND!  I COULDN'T IMAGINE A GAME WITHOUT THE BAND, TWIRLERS, SILKS, AND INDIANETTES!  WE AT PNG ARE SO BLESSED AND SOME DON'T EVEN REALIZE ALL THE GREAT TALENT WE HAVE IN OUR CHILDREN.  IF I COULD, I WOULD PAY FOR THE BAND, INDIANETTES, TWIRLERS, AND SILKS TO MARCH IN THE MACY'S PARADE...THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!! THANK GOD FOR OUR STUDENTS AND MAY WE ALWAYS STAND STRONG BEHIND THEM!  INDIAN KEN
INDIAN KEN

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2004
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 08:52:28 PM »
I PERSONALLY AM SO PROUD OF OUR PNG PURPLE AND WHITE BAND!  I COULDN'T IMAGINE A GAME WITHOUT THE BAND, TWIRLERS, SILKS, AND INDIANETTES!  WE AT PNG ARE SO BLESSED AND SOME DON'T EVEN REALIZE ALL THE GREAT TALENT WE HAVE IN OUR CHILDREN.  IF I COULD, I WOULD PAY FOR THE BAND, INDIANETTES, TWIRLERS, AND SILKS TO MARCH IN THE MACY'S PARADE...THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!!! THANK GOD FOR OUR STUDENTS AND MAY WE ALWAYS STAND STRONG BEHIND THEM!  INDIAN KEN

O.K.,   Forgive me if I look a bit confused???
Go Indians!!!

Offline BandKidForLife

Re: Online Videos: Past Indian Bands at Marching Contest: 1990-2009
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »
That was absolutely wonderful. I was a PN-G band member from 2001-2005 and watching those videos brought me back to some of the best times I've ever had in my life. What a treasure those videos are. I hope the kids in the band now are having as much fun as we did back in the day. There's nothing quite like being a band kid.