Author Topic: The New Breed!  (Read 3871 times)

Offline wacape

The New Breed!
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
The 2011 edition of the Cardinals look impressive. With the addition of several guys from D-I, this team could be a contender for the conference title. All I care about is handing SFA's backside to them this year after the pasting they gave us last year and finishing the job against McNeese as well. Hope to see more usuage of PNG alums as well. Go Big Red! :punchingbag:

Offline bark

• Veteran
Re: The New Breed!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
Are Harmon and Tatum still on the team?  Never understood how in all these years Matt Burnett was the only PNG to excel at LU -maybe Lotice Cole in the 60's.  If I left anyone out remind me.  I really only remember the late 60's to 80ish.

We had several go over the years but most quit.  Von Robinson, Carl Griffith, I think McDougle finished -don't remember him playing much.

Has Donte Fourtney (the choosen one) from Memorial North Campus (Nederland) done anything?

He said he was going to start at tight end then move to QB and play Bascketball too.

Offline lu cards

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
forney was moved to defense and then red-shirted.harmon saw some action in last weeks game.he had a nice run but took a good hit and the ball came loose.i believe harmon is the num#4 running back and tatum is the #5 quarterback.tatum was moved to safety last year but now is back at qb.lamar will be much improved this year.on a side note a png alumni has started a lamar sports messageboard.check it out.  http://www.bigredinsider.com/

Offline bark

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »
forney was moved to defense and then red-shirted.harmon saw some action in last weeks game.he had a nice run but took a good hit and the ball came loose.i believe harmon is the num#4 running back and tatum is the #5 quarterback.tatum was moved to safety last year but now is back at qb.lamar will be much improved this year.on a side note a png alumni has started a lamar sports messageboard.check it out.  http://www.bigredinsider.com/

Thanks, I'm a LU grad, BBA Fin.