Author Topic: Incredible Performance by PN-G Band Programs  (Read 846 times)

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
Incredible Performance by PN-G Band Programs
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
I received word today that at this year's Concert & Sightreading competitions, all three PN-GHS bands and both PN-G middle school bands won sweepstakes. That means that all five bands that competed on behalf of PN-GISD took straight ones in both the concert and sightreading portions of the competition.

I don't remember any district pulling that off while I was in band. That's an incredible amount of progress in the short three years since I graduated.

Congratulations, PN-G bands!
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline 1989NDN

• Veteran
Re: Incredible Performance by PN-G Band Programs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »
Well done PN-G band members, directors, parents, the boosters/friends of PN-G band, and the middle school kids and directors.  More evidence of Honor Pride Tradition ... and SUCCESS by PN-GISD.  Just one more reason of many to be proud of PN-G.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Offline Purple83

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
This is part of an email that Mr. Wells sent to the band parents:

"To our knowledge, this hasn't happened in our district for around 20+ years.  Plus, we know of only ONE other band program of our size in the greater Houston area that accomplished this feat.  Way to go bands!"

So proud of these kids.  They are all prime examples that "Hard Work really does Pay Off!"  :woohoo: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 09:25:10 PM »
Very Proud!  Where's that "LIKE" button???
Go Indians!!!