Author Topic: PN-GISD School Board Elections  (Read 3192 times)

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
Re: PN-GISD School Board Elections
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 06:04:23 PM »
No reason to desire a change in those board positions if they are doing a good job and representing citizens preferences.  And I'd be willing to bet that Coach Faircloth's community support is very, very high. 

I'll use a recent quote by Bob Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots.  (Replace the word country with community.)

"There is no greater unifier in this country than sports, and unfortunately, nothing more divisive than politics."

From afar, in the eyes of PN-G alumnus, the possibility of 'Burnett' supporters actively undermining Coach Faircloth is shameful.

Matt Burnett is a past player and head coach who earned every bit of the recognition he's received as a player and coach.  Brandon Faircloth is charting his own path now while leading the PN-G program to consistent levels of production and developing players in a way that wasn't happening before he arrived. 

Two questions:
1. Has Matt Burnett voiced his support for the current head coach and program?  Hopefully he has done that and put a stop to any nonsense.

2. Would the candidates challenging for the school board positions maintain a fair and upstanding position regarding academics and athletics? Would they support the concept of allowing the head football coach and athletic director to make his own decisions regarding the football program?  This is a yes or no answer.
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline 1989NDN

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
Indian Fan, in response to your questions:

1. I don't know, but I doubt the answer is yes.
2. No and no.

VOTE DARREN McCUTCHEON.

Did you know?  Darren was a part of board leadership that signed the second ever tax abatement agreement between a school district and industry in the State of Texas under HB 1200. Since then, there have been numerous such agreements for PN-GISD and local industry, which has increased the tax base for the school district and provided local jobs for citizens. These tax abatement agreements have enriched the education for students of PN-GISD and provided better opportunities for employees.  [See the Facebook page for the re-election of Darren McCutcheon]

Go Indians.  Peace.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 11:56:13 PM »
What a shame if a vendetta against Coach Faircloth is even remotely supported by a former coach, or for any politically motivated reason.  No honor in that and, unfortunately, a sure way to brand PN-G as a backwards place where good head coaches might not want to come in the future.
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline bark

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »

2. No and no.

VOTE DARREN McCUTCHEON.

Did you know?  Darren was a part of board leadership that signed the second ever tax abatement agreement between a school district and industry in the State of Texas under HB 1200. Since then, there have been numerous such agreements for PN-GISD and local industry, which has increased the tax base for the school district and provided local jobs for citizens. These tax abatement agreements have enriched the education for students of PN-GISD and provided better opportunities for employees.  [See the Facebook page for the re-election of Darren McCutcheon]

Go Indians.  Peace.
Matts coaching defense at LCM and drawing full retirement from PNG - making more than as a HC - Jay Stone too.. Only thing is they cant be a head coach, TRS rules.

I am sure Matt doesn't have much to say about Faircloth - just as Faircloth probably has not much to say about Matt

Doug left because he knew the lean years would catch up with him.

Yes. McCutcheon is a good choice, IMO. 

Don't underestimate the support behind Lefort.  He and his wife are very well thought of and connected to teachers, coaches  and the business world - Felix family.  Also the PN vs Groves issue always creeps up.  Many don't want the Admin to leave PN  - that was the unspoken deal in 1956 when PN allowed Groves to join the district.  Lefort may throw down that card. 

Going to be interesting for sure

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 01:49:38 PM »
Very interesting to hear the historical context regarding unspoken agreements.

Thanks for that perspective.
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline hookem14

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 01:57:45 PM »
Very interesting to hear the historical context regarding unspoken agreements.

Thanks for that perspective.
If we are concerning ourselves with "Unspoken Agreements/Deals" from 1956...then we have real problems!

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
How many people are still around that cared about those '56 agreements?   :old:
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline rodney12345678

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »
probably none

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 10:37:50 PM »

2. No and no.

VOTE DARREN McCUTCHEON.

Go Indians.  Peace.
Matts coaching defense at LCM and drawing full retirement from PNG - making more than as a HC - Jay Stone too.. Only thing is they cant be a head coach, TRS rules.

I am sure Matt doesn't have much to say about Faircloth - just as Faircloth probably has not much to say about Matt

Doug left because he knew the lean years would catch up with him.

Yes. McCutcheon is a good choice, IMO. 

Don't underestimate the support behind Lefort.  He and his wife are very well thought of and connected to teachers, coaches  and the business world - Felix family. Also the PN vs Groves issue always creeps up.  Many don't want the Admin to leave PN  - that was the unspoken deal in 1956 when PN allowed Groves to join the district.  Lefort may throw down that card. 

Going to be interesting for sure

Not sure I understand what you mean..Can you clarify?  Thanks.

Go Indians!!!

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 10:42:39 PM »
I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!  I seriously doubt that ANY person could do a better job than Darren has over the years.  I also appreciate how he stuck his neck out for Faircloth when others were tucking and running (and all because of 1 game too, BTW).  And it turns out Daren was right about BF.   
Not taking anything away from Laforte,  because I don't know him, or very much about him.   

With that being said...

Darren is right for this District and always has been... more than I can say for some others.
Go Indians!!!

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 09:42:35 AM »

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 10:19:56 AM »
It can go off the rails with either approach.  As with corporate takeovers or any change, you hope that common sense can prevail and the good will carry over and continue while deficiencies are addressed.

In the case of PNG football, support Coach Faircloth against any individual or group that carry undeserved vendettas. Protect him from political and personal agendas and let him continue to lead successful Indian football and athletics.
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 10:35:17 AM »
It can go off the rails with either approach.  As with corporate takeovers or any change, you hope that common sense can prevail and the good will carry over and continue while deficiencies are addressed.

In the case of PNG football, support Coach Faircloth against any individual or group that carry undeserved vendettas. Protect him from political and personal agendas and let him continue to lead successful Indian football and athletics.

Amen!!

Offline 1989NDN

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
VOTE DARREN MCCUTCHEON.

Keep a hardworking man, who loves PN-G and its teachers, on the school board.  Tell your friends, neighbors, and former classmates to vote for Darren McCutcheon.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Offline rodney12345678

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »
yes no change needed now unless you want to go downhill lol

Offline 1989NDN

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
If you want a Darren McCutcheon yard sign, please contact him.  He has one or two left.  Vote to continue the great things ongoing in PN-GISD...VOTE DARREN McCUTCHEON!  Darren McCutcheon unequivocally supports Coaches Faircloth and Comeaux.  No secret agendas.  Darren wants to find the best superintendent possible, hire him or her, and continue to strengthen the core values of PN-GISD:  Honor, Pride, and Tradition.

EARLY VOTING:
Port Neches & Groves
Effie & Wilton Hebert Public Library
2025 Merriman, Port Neches

Monday, October 23 - Saturday, October 28
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Monday, October 30 - Wednesday, November 1

Thursday, November 2 - Friday, November 3
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

ON ELECTION DAY:
Tuesday, November 7, from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Precinct 60/71/102
Groves Public Library

Precinct 42/43/61
Groves Activity Building

Precinct 9/41/109

Precinct 38/40
Port Neches City Hall

Go Indians.  Peace.

Offline bark

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »
If you want a Darren McCutcheon yard sign, please contact him.  He has one or two left.  Vote to continue the great things ongoing in PN-GISD...VOTE DARREN McCUTCHEON!  Darren McCutcheon unequivocally supports Coaches Faircloth and Comeaux.  No secret agendas.  Darren wants to find the best superintendent possible, hire him or her, and continue to strengthen the core values of PN-GISD:  Honor, Pride, and Tradition.

EARLY VOTING:
Port Neches & Groves
2025 Merriman, Port Neches

Monday, October 23 - Saturday, October 28

Monday, October 30 - Wednesday, November 1

Thursday, November 2 - Friday, November 3
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

ON ELECTION DAY:
Tuesday, November 7, from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Precinct 60/71/102
Groves Public Library

Precinct 42/43/61
Groves Activity Building

Precinct 9/41/109

Precinct 38/40
Port Neches City Hall

Go Indians.  Peace.
Darren is good for the district. 

IS Comeaux's position in question? 

Offline 1989NDN

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »

Darren is good for the district. 

IS Comeaux's position in question? 
[/quote]

Bark - I agree, Darren is good for the district, and no, of course not.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2017, 05:11:50 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree, avoid and/or remove anyone with agendas at play that don't support the good of PNGISD's present and future.  The past is over.
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 06:52:55 AM »
Darren is most definitely THE MAN to keep!  Trust me when I tell you that there are still others out there that regret MB being replaced, REGARDLESS of BF's record... AND there are some that have an ax to grind with BF.  Just do your research, go back and look at each candidate's history and you'll figure it out for yourself.

Darren McCutcheon is here for our district and kids... not because he's pissed at someone!   Why would ANYONE want to change that???  :thud:
Go Indians!!!

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
OK folks!   It's just about crunch time!  Caution:  Make sure BEFORE YOU START TO VOTE that you are in the correct precinct.  I'm hearing that some people voted for county issues, then got to city... wrong ballot!!!   don't let this happen to you.

Now, as far as school board is concerned, if you believe that the school is heading in the right direction and that the SB is acting in the best interest of the kids and tax payers... AND... if you're happy with Coach Faircloth, and want to keep him as long as possible...  You MUST vote for Darren Mc Cutcheon.   

If you want BF gone... well, you know the rest.
Go Indians!!!

Offline bark

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 03:12:34 PM »
OK folks!   It's just about crunch time!  Caution:  Make sure BEFORE YOU START TO VOTE that you are in the correct precinct.  I'm hearing that some people voted for county issues, then got to city... wrong ballot!!!   don't let this happen to you.

Now, as far as school board is concerned, if you believe that the school is heading in the right direction and that the SB is acting in the best interest of the kids and tax payers... AND... if you're happy with Coach Faircloth, and want to keep him as long as possible...  You MUST vote for Darren Mc Cutcheon.   

If you want BF gone... well, you know the rest.
I am a McCutchen fan - because of the $2000 raise for teachers, land swap, turning down the DOI recommendations etc... 

So, the other 2 candidates are against Faircloth?
Are there other SB members against Faircloth as well?
It is hard to argue his W/L record - No matter what a fan may think of his coaching style

Offline mdog

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »
I for one am not for any particular candidate but would like to know what has been said or done that substantiates the allegations being thrown around on this site. I do not like mud slinging and I will not back anyone if that is the case. I have known Darren and his whole family far longer than most people on here.

Offline NDN fan 4ever

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Even though, coaching is Jake's passion,  he would have to take a big cut in pay to return to it...so I doubt he is the one behind the so-called faction to get rid of Coach, why would anyone want to get rid of someone with such a successful record...Burnett can't come back as HC...so that dog won't hunt...even so, it wasn't Coach F that screwed Matt over...

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2017, 07:43:36 PM »
Even though, coaching is Jake's passion,  he would have to take a big cut in pay to return to it...so I doubt he is the one behind the so-called faction to get rid of Coach, why would anyone want to get rid of someone with such a successful record...Burnett can't come back as HC...so that dog won't hunt...even so, it wasn't Coach F that screwed Matt over...