Author Topic: PN-G @ Central  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Torino

Re: PN-G @ Central
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
All is well that ends well... :woot:

Offline Mr. Buddy Garrity

• #TitanNation Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 10:06:14 PM »
Final!  62-27 png
#TitanNation  Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Offline PNGIndian75

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
Final PNG - 62, Central 27

Great game Indians, both offense and defense.  You make my weekends as I live in Ohio where all of my workmates think they are the best.  They have a point as there are always several teams ranked in the top 100 nationally.  Colerain, St. Ignatius, Elder, LaSalle, St. Xavier and ETC.  Just wish there was some way they could play PNG and settle it on the field.

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2017, 10:28:31 PM »
Indians hanging 62 on Central is impressive. Hats off to Centrals defense they were outmatched but played a very tough physical game. The Indians needed a game like this to get us ready for the playoffs. After we play Ozen Then the biggest rivalry in the state.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »
Why so much obsession with this?  :)

Consider it additional practice for the junior QB to refine his skills even further.
I think his skills are just fine lmao
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline 1989NDN

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2017, 10:47:08 PM »
Great weather for a Thursday night game.  Small PN-G crowd, even smaller Beaumont Central crowd.  I guess SETX doesn't care for Thursday night football. PN-G had a few flashes of defense early on (pick-6 INT return). Central was fast and physical.  PN-G matched the intensity.  PN-G QB is the best high school player I have personally seen in action.  Unbelievable talent. PN-G WRs #6 and #12 are legit threats to take any pass to the endzone...short ball or the long ball. PN-G QB throws a beautiful long ball. PN-G RBs got cranked up in the 2nd half.  Nice job.  Got to see a few back-ups play, too. PN-G defense plays hard, plays fast, and they get to the ball; need to wrap up. Central had something to do w/ missed tackles; they're fast; PN-G was in position to at least slow things down. I never get enough of the Marching I and Cherokee. Beaumont Stadium and parking lot were nice; getting in and out of the parking lot could be better. I never get tired of watching a PN-G W...62-27 INDIANS!

Bonus:  PN-G had the storm trooper look.  All white unis, purple trim, and the white helmets.  A sharp look!

Go Indians.  Peace.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:53:24 PM by 1989NDN »

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2017, 10:48:37 PM »
Indians looked like they were just coasting tonight.  Never were put in a MUST situation.  Central was way worse than I expected.  I would have never guessed that we would hang 60 points on Central... EVER!

Ozen will be even easier.  We really need a worthy opponent before MCM,  but not gonna happen.

Good Game Indians!
Go Indians!!!

Offline Mr. Buddy Garrity

• #TitanNation Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2017, 10:56:07 PM »
Why so much obsession with this?  :)

Consider it additional practice for the junior QB to refine his skills even further.
I think his skills are just fine lmao
I hear ya, I just worry about him taking a cheapshot to the knees, I've seen it once already this season in a blowout (Lee game 3rd qtr)
#TitanNation  Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2017, 01:31:45 AM »
Very good point. 

Not sure if PNG even has a third QB on the roster.
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2017, 07:19:22 AM »
And the backup, Bost, should get reps in, during a real game... should we ever need him.
Go Indians!!!

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2017, 07:44:13 AM »
Did you guys see little Bost before the game in street clothes tossing the ball with the varsity players.

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2017, 09:53:48 AM »
I agree. I've followed HS FB a while as I know everyone here has (anyone who signs up to join a forum like this duh lol) I've seen bigger faster etc but I've never seen personally a QB with the overall skills of RJ (that includes Andrew Luck at Stratford Gerald McNeil at Tenaha and Lufkin Ryan Mallett at Texas High (my alma mater) RG3 at Copperas Cove. And others. In person. RJ has the vision of the FULL FIELD like no other I've ever seen.

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran

Offline BMTSoulja1

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 07:22:36 PM »
Great game, Indians.  Sorry to be so late.  That was a painful one to watch.  Johnson is the real deal.  Jabs will be fine.  If our coaching staff would've stayed with the run all night long and not trusted the backup QB to pass (4 int's with a pick 6) , we could've kept that Indian offense off the field longer and scored a lot more points.  Lesson learned.  Now go out and handle your business and knock out Nederland in 2 weeks.

PS.  Y'all really need to quit leaving that kid in the game during garbage time.

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 09:24:55 PM »
There is a difference in Central this year and the last few seasons. Those kids played hard from whistle to whistle and never quit. They have a very impressive defense and a stout RB. If they get in the playoffs I could see them beating whomever they play from 21-5a and who knows after that. I really think this game is a really not a good measure of what Central is this season. I think they have the makings of something very nice over there.

Offline BMTSoulja1

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »
I see what you're saying...  I like the new coach.  But those 2 RB's you seen are gone.  Both Foster (#3) and Corbin(#28) are seniors. But we do have a good nucleus in place.  We should really well with the 5a split next year...