Author Topic: Texas City vs. Port Neches-Groves  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Mr. Buddy Garrity

• #TitanNation Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Re: Texas City vs. Port Neches-Groves
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
Moving Preston Hughes #6 to CB has helped the secondary in pass coverage.  He has the speed and quickness to play press coverage and stay with his man.  #17 jumped a pass route and got a big INT to start the second half.  Overall, the secondary lacks a big hitter.  I think it was #17 that put a good lick on a TC WR on a sideline crossing play, but other than that big time hit, the TC WRs ran free.  The PN-G front seven is not too bad.  They have some kids that pursue the football and they will hit you.  #47, #34, #4, #26, #90, #37 will all come hit you in the mouth.  On TC's long run, they blocked the play well, #26 was tackled from behind or he would have made the play, and our secondary, well, they don't tackle well.  On offense, just out of sync.  TC had a lot to do with that.  Their defense was similar to PAM.  Big and fast up front.  TC DL and LBs ran every bit as fast as PAM.  PN-G was not going to outrun TC to the perimeter.  TC was fast sideline to sideline and they hit you.  The Indians had two big drops (wide open drops)...one for a TD and one for a long gain.  Plus, the QB#2 had two overthrows...one would have been a TD to Riggs, the other a long gain/possible TD down the middle.  Also, on a deep out throw to #12, he was in double coverage and the QB#2 missed a wide open streaking #9 for a TD.  I mean he was wide open running free and no TC DB was within 20 yards of him.  The coaches and QB will see it on tape and think, my Lord, we missed one here.  TC was keyed on #2 and #12.  It was no secret.  #5 ran like a bull.  His best game that I have seen.  He was tough to bring down and he punished people looking tackle him.  I hope he is OK.  He was running on the sideline and stretching.  I hope his knee/ankle are OK.  Tough kid.  His back up is small and slender, but he is quick and showed some wheels on the winning TD.  #5 and #21 are a nice combo.  Thunder and lightning (PN-G's version).  I wonder why we have not seen more of this combo?  Finally, we need to get the snap right.  QB#2 saved a ton of bad snaps, which may have thrown off his timing.  Overall, the OL held up well vs a big and fast TC defense.  They made some running lanes, protected the QB well, and had few penalties...just the scary snaps.  #12 Riggs was money on the deep kick-offs.  He put two of them out of the end zone.  No more pooch kicks.  Let #12 kick them out of the end zone!  Good job #12.

On to CS or G'town.  Keep it rolling Indians.  Nice to see the Marching I inside NRG Stadium.

As an aside, Manvel v. nederland.  Give nederland props for fighting, scrapping, and never giving up.  Manvel was a miniature college team.  Size, speed, and talent across the board.  nederland was out-matched and out-talented on both sides of the ball, but those 'ol pesky bulldogs never gave up, kept fighting, and made a game of it until about 7 mins left in the game.  nederland QB was slinging the football all over the field...taking shots from the Manvel DL and LBs, but he kept slinging the football...kudos to him...tough kid.  Kudos to nederland...they played hard, but Manvel was a 6A team playing a 5A team.  Good season nederland.

Go Indians.  Peace.
it was a 5A team playing a 5A team smh lol. Check Manvel enrollment, they will be our district mate along with TC more than likely next yr. Good win Png. Good season Dogs.
#TitanNation  Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Offline 90NDN

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »
I don't see how Manvel is 5a though....that area isn't declining in population.. not sure why they didn't have enrollment to stay 6a.

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2017, 01:42:08 PM »
I don't see how Manvel is 5a though....that area isn't declining in population.. not sure why they didn't have enrollment to stay 6a.
guess you haven't heard of Shadow Creek which opened last year.

Offline 90NDN

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2017, 01:55:48 PM »
Negative ghost rider ... what class are they currently?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:58:05 PM by 90NDN »

Offline SethNDN

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
Best place to keep track of CS/Gtowns score?

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2017, 02:09:45 PM »
Brand new school, we will know after realignment, more than likely they will be 6A, Manvel actually got smaller like us, but as with us as well wont affect athletics at Manvel. 

Offline BMTSoulja1

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »
Moving Preston Hughes #6 to CB has helped the secondary in pass coverage.  He has the speed and quickness to play press coverage and stay with his man.  #17 jumped a pass route and got a big INT to start the second half.  Overall, the secondary lacks a big hitter.  I think it was #17 that put a good lick on a TC WR on a sideline crossing play, but other than that big time hit, the TC WRs ran free.  The PN-G front seven is not too bad.  They have some kids that pursue the football and they will hit you.  #47, #34, #4, #26, #90, #37 will all come hit you in the mouth.  On TC's long run, they blocked the play well, #26 was tackled from behind or he would have made the play, and our secondary, well, they don't tackle well.  On offense, just out of sync.  TC had a lot to do with that.  Their defense was similar to PAM.  Big and fast up front.  TC DL and LBs ran every bit as fast as PAM.  PN-G was not going to outrun TC to the perimeter.  TC was fast sideline to sideline and they hit you.  The Indians had two big drops (wide open drops)...one for a TD and one for a long gain.  Plus, the QB#2 had two overthrows...one would have been a TD to Riggs, the other a long gain/possible TD down the middle.  Also, on a deep out throw to #12, he was in double coverage and the QB#2 missed a wide open streaking #9 for a TD.  I mean he was wide open running free and no TC DB was within 20 yards of him.  The coaches and QB will see it on tape and think, my Lord, we missed one here.  TC was keyed on #2 and #12.  It was no secret.  #5 ran like a bull.  His best game that I have seen.  He was tough to bring down and he punished people looking tackle him.  I hope he is OK.  He was running on the sideline and stretching.  I hope his knee/ankle are OK.  Tough kid.  His back up is small and slender, but he is quick and showed some wheels on the winning TD.  #5 and #21 are a nice combo.  Thunder and lightning (PN-G's version).  I wonder why we have not seen more of this combo?  Finally, we need to get the snap right.  QB#2 saved a ton of bad snaps, which may have thrown off his timing.  Overall, the OL held up well vs a big and fast TC defense.  They made some running lanes, protected the QB well, and had few penalties...just the scary snaps.  #12 Riggs was money on the deep kick-offs.  He put two of them out of the end zone.  No more pooch kicks.  Let #12 kick them out of the end zone!  Good job #12.

On to CS or G'town.  Keep it rolling Indians.  Nice to see the Marching I inside NRG Stadium.

As an aside, Manvel v. nederland.  Give nederland props for fighting, scrapping, and never giving up.  Manvel was a miniature college team.  Size, speed, and talent across the board.  nederland was out-matched and out-talented on both sides of the ball, but those 'ol pesky bulldogs never gave up, kept fighting, and made a game of it until about 7 mins left in the game.  nederland QB was slinging the football all over the field...taking shots from the Manvel DL and LBs, but he kept slinging the football...kudos to him...tough kid.  Kudos to nederland...they played hard, but Manvel was a 6A team playing a 5A team.  Good season nederland.

Go Indians.  Peace.
it was a 5A team playing a 5A team smh lol. Check Manvel enrollment, they will be our district mate along with TC more than likely next yr. Good win Png. Good season Dogs.
SMH.  I thought everyone would've known that...

Offline BMTSoulja1

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
Brand new school, we will know after realignment, more than likely they will be 6A, Manvel actually got smaller like us, but as with us as well wont affect athletics at Manvel.
Really crazy.  The school is in Alvin school district with Manvel, but the school resides in Pearland city limits.  So, is Shadow Creek really pulling from Manvel or Pearland and Dawson?

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2017, 02:20:22 PM »
Really crazy.  The school is in Alvin school district with Manvel, but the school resides in Pearland city limits.  So, is Shadow Creek really pulling from Manvel or Pearland and Dawson?
pulls from Manvel. SC turned in 2181, Manvel turned in 1827. Of course you might have a few parents from Pearland and Dawson or even Alvin High somehow get their kids to SC since its a newer school but the main pool is Manvel. Wont affect athletics, talent pool is rich in that area.

Offline BMTSoulja1

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »
pulls from Manvel. SC turned in 2181, Manvel turned in 1827. Of course you might have a few parents from Pearland and Dawson or even Alvin High somehow get their kids to SC since its a newer school but the main pool is Manvel. Wont affect athletics, talent pool is rich in that area.
Gotcha...

Offline SethNDN

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
Who did Hughes replace on defense? Was there an injury?

Offline NDNzeke

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »
Best place to keep track of CS/Gtowns score?
Maxpreps.com has (highlights type) play by play. They will try to get you to register but you can get it without registering if you fool around with thing a bit (just close the window a few times when they ask you to register). I think there is also a CS or Georgetown radio station streaming it but cannot recall the call letters. Currently Georgetown is leading 16-13 at the half.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »
Who did Hughes replace on defense? Was there an injury?

#3 Khaleb Taylor. 

Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline twrpng

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2017, 07:07:40 PM »
 No injuries just trying some different things at DB and corner it's do or die or go home. We had to do something different. IMO opinion we me a leader Back there # 6 will give ya that

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »
But talking Manvel/Alvin ISD. Gee I wonder why Alvin High is terrible and Hated manvel is dripping with players. Hmmmmm? Shadow creek will also be good. They beat Marshall who had a good team this year.  I have a problem with a program adopting "It's a good day to die" as their motto. Besides all the other BS they display on the field.