Author Topic: PN-G Vs College Station 1pm Sat Turner Stadium Humble  (Read 2005 times)

Offline pngfanatic

Re: PN-G Vs College Station 1pm Sat Turner Stadium Humble
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 02:38:41 PM »
Totally agree.  Their O line is much bigger than our d line.  Maybe big Sergio will play in the 2n half.  We need to do something different for sure.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:43 PM »
Sometimes a team is just outmanned.  Good season regardless. 
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline Mr. Buddy Garrity

• #TitanNation Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 03:54:24 PM »
Great season Png! Good luck in the new district next yr.
#TitanNation  Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Offline pngfanatic

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 04:22:41 PM »
Good season, but we're not going to advance past top teams like CS until the defense improves.  Captain Obvious, I know.

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »
Sometimes a team is just outmanned.  Good season regardless.
Can't put it any better.  Way to go Indians. Was a joy

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 04:49:35 PM »
We need more Church's chicken stores to open in PN and G

Offline Indian99

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:17:31 PM by Indian99 »

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
Offenses have evolved quite a bit since 1999 and prior.  Defense is more challenging.  I suspect that CS would have been a lot for the 1974-77 and 1999 Indians to handle as well.

This years defensive squad had lots of heart and desire, but lacked the size and quickness to compete with playoff caliber teams like CS. 

Thanks to all of the seniors, you will be missed.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:08:27 PM by IndianFan »
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline IBLEEDPURPLE

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
Offenses have evolved quite a bit since 1999 and prior.  Defense is more challenging.  I suspect that CS would have been a lot for the 1974-77 and 1999 Indians to handle as well.

This years defensive squad had lots of heart and desire, but lacked the size and quickness to compete with playoff caliber teams like CS. 

Thanks to all of the seniors, you will be missed.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:00:32 PM by IBLEEDPURPLE »
"We don't know your fight song...but I bet you won't forget ours!"

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 11:31:17 AM »
Lots of young kids on this defense as well tha will benefit from a year of growing and speed and experience. Very young defense this year. Loaded with returners. I am especially looking forward to seeing what Mr. Dejunte Conner does next season another special talent hitting varsity next year

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »
Yeah. College station is that type of school since it's new. Just like unclassy manvel. It will wear off but they had 30 guys that would plug in somewhere as a starter at PNG.  Just too much.  I agree that this CS team would have put 60+ on any past HS team. no more run run drop back pass like the days of yore. My opinion is I don't care about state championships really (don't get me wrong it would be awesome) but these modern days you're GOING to meet up with a juggernaut like CS or Aledo. I love PNG football and each added playoff week is just a bonus especially for me in Houston.  Most every player on the team wishes they were bigger, faster, and stronger. Hell so do I lol. And no defensive player wants to "arm tackle" sometimes that's just the best option you have as a 4.3 guy runs past you as a 300lb er who benches 400 is pushing on you as hard as he can.  Thanks Indians I'll be back next year and the year after that. Thanks fans the best in the world. 

Offline prepballfan

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
The support is never failing

Offline Mr. Buddy Garrity

• #TitanNation Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
The support is never failing
I know one thing: if I see one more bs comment on our HC (Coach Harrison) or Coach Faircloth im going to start meeting with some folks in parking lots. The bs has gone on long enough. If ppl think they can do a better job they need to pick up an application from the HC then let us know how it goes.
#TitanNation  Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 12:58:27 PM »
Yes it's a double edged sword. You pack a place with 5-10k people that means there are more eyeballs to please and more standards to meet. Right down to the indianettes and twirlers. Mammaw did the splits at the end of Cherokee so Susie (outdated name on purpose ha) better as hell be able to do it right. And I LOVE that high standard. I heard a lady holler at the defense "its #27!!!" As if the defense didn't know who was running the ball for big yardage. Haha. But I LOVE that level of scrutiny. Any other program that lady is at home having brunch cosmopolitans with the other ladies on her block not traveling 200+ miles on a Saturday afternoon. Long live the PNG atmosphere of excellence and the spirit and reverence it holds.  :duel:

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 01:03:11 PM »
Yes I think the HC is one of the best in the state. That position comes with tons of scrutiny. I think he says "bring it on" coaching is the most competitive career for the money someone can possibly choose. 

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2017, 01:07:25 PM »
Just like "PRO" wrestling. Some people buy tickets because they like the good guy and some buy tickets because they hate the bad guy. Either way they buy tickets. In the HS case they don't even break even with ticket sales but the important thing in HS is support and participation. I welcome both sides.

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 01:10:02 PM »
For instance. Look at the CS band. This is confirmation (to me) that their success in football is somehow being artificially propped up. (Dig deeper we ll find it) not dogging on their band they just were about at the level of South Houston etc.

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2017, 01:13:33 PM »
For instance. Look at the CS band. This is confirmation (to me) that their success in football is somehow being artificially propped up. (Dig deeper we ll find it) not dogging on their band they just were about at the level of South Houston etc.
Point being for every elite DI prospect on the football team there should be a certain number of trumpet players/drummers/clarinets in that population of students. Logically.

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
Found it (probably) College View High  "smaller" with no sports teams. So in other words if you have zero interest in sports you go there. That keeps the numbers down for the other schools to compete where they want. PNG needs to open a second high school with no athletics. Send any kid who wants that there and start PNG competing at the 4A level. Presto.

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »
Something else to consider defensively. I watched a college game from 1997  The other day and I'd say over half of the tackles would result in a personal foul today. Also the addition of the defenseless receiver penalty you know that makes a difference for the receiver know he's not gonna take a big hit after an incomplete pass as many times in a game not only does the defensive player risk personal foul he also risks ejection from the game if he tackles incorrectly. You would think this has to resulting in increased offensive point totals today

Offline twrpng

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 02:36:18 PM »
I agree Mr Buddy I'm on your side I have a son that plays for PNG so I've been around a while these are two of the best coach's in the state. They have limited resources to choose from and do the best they can with the hand dealt to them. It's easy to Sunday and Monday 2nd guess the coaches. I'm happy to say that I'm proud of the coaching staff at PNG , my son graduates this year I can honestly say this has been the best time of my life watching my son play for BF AND HIS STAFF, I will continue following the PNG Indians and great staff they have at PNG. The PNG and PAM game was one of the best HS football games I've ever watched due to two great coaches

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
Perhaps the pain of the loss is too fresh to have a pragmatic discussion.  I just removed my comments.  For the record, I have no ill will towards anyone.

Anyone who questions my support of PNGHS and the football program has not been around the past 17+ seasons.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:12:51 PM by IndianFan »
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline twrpng

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2017, 03:58:19 PM »
Indianfan this is what I thought this was about discussion I value you inputs  every week I don't think this was about anything you said. Keep up the good discussion. You make make intelligent comments IMO 

Offline mdog

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2017, 05:52:41 PM »
usetocould...  the CS Band was not at the game. They were at competition per the CS announcer. Those that were on the field were previous year and some underclassmen volunteering 

Offline IBLEEDPURPLE

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »
"We don't know your fight song...but I bet you won't forget ours!"