Author Topic: Indians vs. CS Cougars... thoughts?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
Indians vs. CS Cougars... thoughts?
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline Usedtocould

Re: Indians vs. CS Cougars... thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
Quick snaps much like Crosby when they sub they sub in platoons I'd say use every possible slow down tactic even if it's subbing one person when they do. Otherwise it's 5 seconds after the ball is placed by the ref. QB doesn't have a long ball imo it's all quick slants, curls, etc. (so jumping a route taking a chance could result in a pick 6) especially early in the game/drive.    the RBs have a tendency to try to find greener pastures wide rather than north south which I believe plays to one of our strengths.  We can beat them but for me every week further gets you one more week of practice for underclassmen and one more week of PNG for the SRs and fans.  To RJ PLEASE LEARN TO DIVE FORWARD WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF THE RUN. LOL. I say this to the greatest QB I've seen in the HS ranks. Get down when you know the run is over. Haha. To the coaches. 1st down with no timeouts for the other team equals 2:00. 1st down with one timeout for the other team equals 1:20 (that's 80 seconds) we ran two RJ punishing plays with 1:21 left. the game was over with two kneel downs. PLEASE MAKE A CHART.   Great effort by both sides all playoffs Crosby the defense got down but fought hard every inch of the way. Friday obvious improvements don't give up on #3 Taylor he'll be a good one.  I wish #19 would give defense a try as well he's fast and looks like to me he would be a good tackler but then again that's just observational. We can beat this team - PNG has a long history of beating the bigger, deeper teams (that's the case here) they have 2-3 deep at several positions.  Hopefully Georgetown gave em a few swats on the butt that will leave a mark I have a feeling that's the case. We have plenty of scars from our two games as well. Wish the center would be back but I think he's out. Deslatte hopefully will be near 100% we need him big time. I saw the play he got hurt on really well we re lucky it's not an ACL/mcl

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline bark

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »
RJ is so good I don't know how CS is going to stop him.  Nederland did something with our receivers that took them out of the game to beat us - but they were back last week

One of the Dad's of the OL group tells me the center will possibly be out this week too.   

If RJ can stay healthy - big task at 50 plus touches per game - I believe we have a chance to beat anyone, without him I don't think we could beat anyone.  My Opinion 

Speaking of RJ' touches at 50 per game that's between 600 - 750 touches per season  UNREAL

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
RJ is so good I don't know how CS is going to stop him.  Nederland did something with our receivers that took them out of the game to beat us - but they were back last week

One of the Dad's of the OL group tells me the center will possibly be out this week too.   

If RJ can stay healthy - big task at 50 plus touches per game - I believe we have a chance to beat anyone, without him I don't think we could beat anyone.  My Opinion 

Speaking of RJ' touches at 50 per game that's between 600 - 750 touches per season  UNREAL

Yeah. He's the best I've ever seen at this level. I saw Reggie McNeil as a freshman but he was playing a 1A team who had a 500 pounder at NG who would stand up at the snap and not move. So defense was like tackling dummies. But he's the closest I've seen to RJ. Kyler Murray thinks he's RJ but not quite. Haha. We can absolutely beat ANYONE in 5A proven to me at the MT game they are amongst the best in 5A and COULD win div I with a little luck. (Go MT beat womanvel) (best putdown I could think of) PNG is the opposite of Manvel one reason I am a fan. Haha. Class vs school in the summertime. (No class) thanks to Fat Albert.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:41:21 PM »
Agree. I think this is another "all you have to do is stop the QB" haha. He accounted for most of their yards and 3 rushing TDs (one for 95 yards) I think the main difference in our QBs is the deep threat we have. Once he raises up to pass it's either coming out or he's running  Hughes can catch him though. In the past Georgetown had big defenders not necessarily the fastest so once he broke the front 7he was gone.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 06:30:12 PM »
Best defense is an unstoppable offense.  I watched some video of CS and was not impressed with their defense.  RJ will have his way.  And if the passing game is clicking, the run will open up even more.
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 08:27:37 PM »
Ok after watching most of two CS games from this year I'm going to call a PNG win. That's dependent on a clean injury free game of course. But we can win this game for sure.  Go NDNZ. If we can stop the "quick big play" we win. Most of CS offensive plays are determined in the first 2 seconds. High percentage completions and very fast handoffs. Great QB but I think if we put some pressure on the overall offense we will get some turnovers.  I call PNG could be a repeat of the Crosby game I think the CS defense is good they return almost all the front seven and the QB is a 3 year starter (started the 15 season as WR ended as QB)

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »
I'm just worried about tickets. I called the stadium today and they said they weren't overselling. I told them we brought over 10K last week I could hear a guy in the background saying "that was 3 games" ha they have no idea what's coming at them. Let's show up at 11 and buy all the visitor side tickets. Lol. Like MR G said.

Offline Mr. Buddy Garrity

• #TitanNation Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
I think first to 50 wins. If there was ever a time for some Landshark D this would be it Png.
#TitanNation  Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

Offline bark

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »
I think first to 50 wins. If there was ever a time for some Landshark D this would be it Png.
I agree Mr. G 50 + wins and hopefully the D steps it up and takes some pressure off RJ and finish not so close to the end.

Anyone know how ___ family  and him are doing?

Offline 90NDN

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »
Not sure this really matters, but CS handled TC 42-12 I believe..granted things are different come playoff time.  Hopefully the new center will have not have any issues with a week under his belt now and the offense will be in sync .  I can't see us winning if RJ is mainly running (it at least has to be balanced or more passing than running).  Additionally, the defense is going to have to come up with some holds.  Will this game be streamed live?  I won't be able to make this one like last week.

Offline NDNzeke

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »
It wiil be streamed on Texanlive, but I have been unable to determine whether their system is compatible with my older iphone running Safari 8. No info about system requirements on their website other than indicating that internet explorer is not compatible and that you need most recent version of Safari for "best experience." Will be in Houston this weekend but cannot attend due to poor handicapped seating at Turner. No computer available due to Harvey, and browser cannot be upgraded due to age of phone. If anyone knows whether Texan will work with Safari 8 please let me know.

Offline NDN76

• MY DOG
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 10:08:58 AM »
I streamed last weeks game against TC on Texanlive on my PC using FireFox and it was beautiful with no issues. I even captured it and saved it on my External Drive.   :old:

Offline NDNzeke

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »
I made a mistake in previous post. I meant IOS 8, not Safari 8. Anyone know whether Texanlive is compatible with it? Any one have experience streaming Texanlive on any kind of phone? No computer due to Harvey, and IOS cannot be upgraded due to age of phone. Think we have a shot in this game if center problems get straightened out, and hope I can find some way to watch it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:05:19 PM by NDNzeke »

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »
Not sure this really matters, but CS handled TC 42-12 I believe..granted things are different come playoff time.  Hopefully the new center will have not have any issues with a week under his belt now and the offense will be in sync .  I can't see us winning if RJ is mainly running (it at least has to be balanced or more passing than running).  Additionally, the defense is going to have to come up with some holds.  Will this game be streamed live?  I won't be able to make this one like last week.
CS and Texas City didn't play this year.  Trying to look for any common opponents. Clear Lake beat TC by 7 and Clear Lake did very well this year. Dickinson Manvel FB Marshall could give us something me common opponents I can look.

Offline 90NDN

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 08:14:30 PM »
Tyeah i had that mixed io with another team...my bad

Offline Usedtocould

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
Tyeah i had that mixed io with another team...my bad
I think you were looking at FB Marshall. Not trying to "call you out" or anything. Haha.  Can't tell much about the St Pius loss they're a whole different animal. Westlake by 7. We can beat them. I'll be there as long as they keep winning and my schedule allows. Wish I could say I'd only missed one game since 1975. I was at the Brenham game and I'll be at this one so we can say together we've seen them all  (ndnzeek that said that?) very impressive. Only at PNG will you hear something like that. 

Offline 90NDN

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
Yeah.. fb Marshall beat tc :-)  i though Hutto was going to beat Marshall last night, but list by 3 in the end.