Author Topic: Other High School Renovations  (Read 15152 times)

Offline akifan94

• Veteran
Re: Other High School Renovations
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 05:41:28 PM »
I talked to someone at Divots and it will be closed so the Gulf Breeze apartment complex from Gulfway drive can be rebuilt on the site. I asked the owner if he was going to start up somewhere else and he said he was ran off the land and was moving on to something else. I assume he leased the land.

Offline PNG NDN Fan

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »
Hmmm... I thought he owned that land, but I heard that indirectly through a regular there. 

In other news related to real estate, I *think* the townhome development that was scheduled for the intersection of 73 and 25th (therefore in PNGISD) is on hold.  The original developer must have pulled out since the property is being advertised on loopnet.  The ad mentions that townhome plans are available.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/ProfileSE.aspx?LID=15576763&linkcode=10850&sourcecode=1lww2t006a00001

I could be wrong though.

Offline akifan94

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
When I went in I asked about it and the guy sitting down just said he was being ran off. I asked if he planned on opening up somewhere else and he said no, that he was going to have to figure out something else to do. He did not sound too happy. He really seemed to blow me off as if he was mad that I even asked.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 11:28:11 PM »
What is Divots?
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline akifan94

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 06:51:22 AM »
What is Divots?

The only non golf-course driving range we have in mid/south county. It is on Twin City Hwy. near the Hogaboom intersection.

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
I'm assuming that, since we're discussing it here, Divots is in PNGISD?  Can we be lucky enough for it to be in PAISD?

Offline akifan94

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »
PAISD

Offline PNG1992

• Port Neches, TEXAS
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »
PAISD

yes. that side of the hwy is PAISD.

Offline akifan94

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
92' ... You going to the UT spring game Saturday? I am headed to Austin on friday, spring game on sat. and golf at The UT Golf Club on sun.

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
PAISD

yes. that side of the hwy is PAISD.

That is extremely close to my house.  >:(

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
....And like a highway is going to stop the good from the bad?!?! ::) It will carry over to the PNGISD. Carver Terrance housing....Now that is some fine outstanding, tax paying citizens!!! ??? I wonder how many are going to put in for school transfers??? >:(....and that is the future we are building the new school and stadium for. I can see it now. Nice today.....full of gangs and gang grafitti tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:03:26 AM by EX79NDN »

Offline VegasNDN

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 11:38:20 AM »
Please pardon my ignorance, but what is Divots? Living out here I don't have a clue what you all are talking about.

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »
What is Divots?

The only non golf-course driving range we have in mid/south county. It is on Twin City Hwy. near the Hogaboom intersection.

Offline akifan94

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 05:08:37 PM »

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »
I just talked to a school board member while I was at the stadium taking pictures.  The "old" gym will be renovated.  This is not a bad thing.  They have overcome the deficit, and are sitting even again.  The contractor has assured them that he can accomplish his task while preserving the art work.  I'm not sure that it will remain where it is, but it will be preserved. Also the gym will be air conditioned so that events can be held in with enough room to seat everyone.

Offline PNG1992

• Port Neches, TEXAS
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
I just talked to a school board member while I was at the stadium taking pictures.  They have overcome the deficit, and are sitting even again. 

Im glad they are keeping the old gym and IMO its still better than the new one. If they had done it right they would have originally refurbished it and used the money for the new one in other places.

When he/she told you they were "sitting even again" does that include not working the baseball or softball fields as someone posted on here a couple weeks ago? I also thought the original plan was to tear down the old/new senior wing of the HS, is that still going to happen? These aren't meant to be sarcastic questions, I really want to know. 

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:03 AM »
The proposed additions to the rest of he athletic facilities are on the pngisd site.  Other changes in the high school plans are shown as well. 

http://png.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/446867/File/Bond/PNGHS_VE-06-19-08_Final.pdf?sessionid=8e6cd316e37cd28bcb081f5ee0617b9d
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »
They are breaking ground on the new wing for the high school.  It is going to eat up some of the current parking.

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
I would like to say this much about the planetarium:

The best memories I have of elementary school are the annual trips to the planetarium. You can ask just about any of the current high school students and they'll tell you the same thing. I can also remember the community shows. The astronomy teacher would charge something like $5 a person and the money went into the science budget. In addition, they had schools coming from as far away as Jasper to use that planetarium, all of whom paid to use it. That planetarium's value wasnt just educational, it was monetary. The fact that it is being torn down is one of the few things that I would change about this bond if I had the power to do so.

I.... We will miss that planetarium.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:25:47 PM by bandkid »
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »
They started to build the planetarium my senior year. It was built where the old "patio" off the cafeteria was. The patio was a place everyone hung out at after lunch. That is also where the Totem Pole was located. I remember I hated to see the patio being tore up for the Planetarium. Mr. Shoemaker (Johnny Red as some students called him) was over the Planetarium. He at one time was one of my science teachers, before the planetarium days.

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 08:24:49 AM »
In the olden days, the patio area was where students went to smoke after lunch.  You could also go off campus for lunch if you wanted to. The teachers would use a paddle, also, when you didn't follow school rules.  Students learned back then whether they wanted to or not. PN was even more cosmopolitan.  PN had two movie theatres, three clothing establishments, a bicycle shop, two car dealerships, a paint store, a lumber yard, a furniture store, and many other businesses.  Oh, I love this progress we've made.

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 03:19:21 PM »
The upperclassmen are still allowed to leave the campus for lunch.

The cafeteria still has a patio. Its the outdoor area between the cafeteria and the library.

I didnt know that Port Neches had all that stuff. And now we're down to a bunch of fast food joints and a grocery store. The only recreational thing you can do is fish.  :fish:
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »
Who remembers the old Western Auto store?
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »
Who remembers the old Western Auto store?
IN Groves or Port Neches? I remember the one in Groves on Lincoln.