Author Topic: Parking  (Read 1917 times)

Offline NDN X

Parking
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:55:35 AM »
Wasn't really sure where to post this topic, but, has anyone thought about the parking this year.  With some of the parking behind the old gym being taken away, and the field across the street not able to be used any more, where are fans going to park?  I know the LCM game is TBA, so the first home game should be Lumberton.  You know that will be a huge game because it is the first home game, not evening considering what is going on in the standings at that time.  If I missed something shown on the plans, please let me know, but I think this could be a big problem for us this year.  I have always been lucky to be able to park at a friends house very close to the stadium, so I never really had to worry about parking, but I have seen fans parking at the tennis courts before.   What do yall think?
Once an Indian....always an Indian!

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
Re: Parking
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
No new parking will be created until the end of the bond projects when the wing by the fire station is demolished.  Until then, better get to the games early or plan on walking.  Maybe, if the district is relocating the admin building, they will consider turning that into parking.  Who knows.

Offline IndianKen

• INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »
NDN X  THE LCM GAME I BELIEVE IS SCHEDULED TO BE PLAYED AT MEMORIAL; OUR FIRST HOME GAME WILL BE LIVINGSTON ON THE 10TH OF OCTOBER!  WHAT A FIELD!! BE ARE TRULY BLESSED!  INDIAN KEN
INDIAN KEN

Offline NDN X

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
NDN X  THE LCM GAME I BELIEVE IS SCHEDULED TO BE PLAYED AT MEMORIAL; OUR FIRST HOME GAME WILL BE LIVINGSTON ON THE 10TH OF OCTOBER!  WHAT A FIELD!! BE ARE TRULY BLESSED!  INDIAN KEN

you are correct on the 1st game boo boo I made, and I did hear something about the memorial field being used.  Thanks!

Offline NDN X

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:39:18 PM »
No new parking will be created until the end of the bond projects when the wing by the fire station is demolished.  Until then, better get to the games early or plan on walking.  Maybe, if the district is relocating the admin building, they will consider turning that into parking.  Who knows.

thanks for the info.  Hope they do something! :)

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »
What are they building in the old practice area?  I noticed yesterday that they were clearing the topsoil there.
Go Indians!!!

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »
What are they building in the old practice area?  I noticed yesterday that they were clearing the topsoil there.

A new wing for the high school.  It will house all of the voc ed programs and some class rooms.  When it is complete, students will only have to walk outside to get to the field house.  It is great from a security standpoint.

Offline PNGfan

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 11:43:39 PM »
People will probably have to park at the park or little league fields. Next bond, do you think we could get a multi story parking garage ;D J/K

Offline NDN X

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »
you know, I asked about the parking during football games, but it occured to me when I saw all the football players having to park down the side streets behind the field house that the parking just for school will be something else.  I would hate to be a student trying to park on a rainy morning.  I guess once they finish construction a lot of equipment will be moved and things will be better. :)