Author Topic: No laughing matter  (Read 4123 times)

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
Re: No laughing matter
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:20 AM »
I would honestly be shocked to see President Obama and his friends do anything to secure the border.

There is nothing that Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid would love more than to see Texas, the second most populous state in the country, and the other border states become strong blue territory. A large voting block comprised of illegal immigrants turned fraudulent voters who think that the democrats are looking out for their interests will do that for them.

It's politics, plain and simple.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:20:21 AM by bandkid »
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline OldEagle

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
Bandkid - you are wise beyond your years.  I wonder if everyone who voted for Obama is now sorry!

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:19:13 AM »
No one had much choice! Personally, I wanted a Clinton! Wonder how many people are asking for a bush?  (poor misguided people).

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »
Oh there were choices.  And anything would have been better than the current.
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
No one had much choice! Personally, I wanted a Clinton! Wonder how many people are asking for a bush?  (poor misguided people).

I hope your choices in the School Board don't turn out the same way Obama has turned out.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mdog

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
It has been apparent that justafan has not sat down with Balsomo and talked with him about his views and concerns.  Just because someone does not just follow along with the group and tends to ask hard questions, does not mean he does not have the best interest of the school district and the kids in mind. 

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
Huh... A thread about the school board elections temporarily becomes a discussion about the federal government and a thread about illegal immigration shifts gears and becomes a conversation about the school board. Kind of funny how that worked out...

More to the point, there were other options. I won't say that they were all good options, but there were certainly options out there that were better than the Obama-Biden ticket. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a Bush in office, but I'll also take almost anyone (Clinton included, even though I never thought I'd say that) over President Obama.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:40:46 PM by bandkid »
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
It has been apparent that justafan has not sat down with Balsomo and talked with him about his views and concerns.  Just because someone does not just follow along with the group and tends to ask hard questions, does not mean he does not have the best interest of the school district and the kids in mind. 

To be honest I haven't. My comment was directed to Mrs. Squaw and her lectures about misguided people comment. I am suprised a little birdie comment didn't come out.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:54 AM »
For those who haven't been on here as long as I and Mr. Justafan have, the rest of us know that Mr. Justafan just loves to "gig" me so don't take what he says personally.  :clap: As for Mr. Balsamo and Mrs. Miller, I DO know both personally and know where they stand on issues (on the children's side) and feel they will be excellent trustees.  If not, we will do what we've done with those who didn't do their jobs right--replace them.  I have no dog in this fight. I truly love this community and school district and want to ensure that our academic standards stay high and our students become well rounded, successful adults.  Most on here know who I am and that's OK because I don't say things I don't mean.  Neither does Mr. Justafan which is why we may disagree on some issues, but I still respect him. Hopefully, others can say the same.  NDN81, you are always welcome on here.

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
Who me????

:fish: :fish: :fish: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
I would honestly be shocked to see President Obama and his friends do anything to secure the border.

There is nothing that Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid would love more than to see Texas, the second most populous state in the country, and the other border states become strong blue territory. A large voting block comprised of illegal immigrants turned fraudulent voters who think that the democrats are looking out for their interests will do that for them.

Well, I guess I was wrong on that one.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/1200-national-guard-troops-to-be-deployed-to-border/

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »

Well, I guess I was wrong on that one.
But man enough to admit it! Kudos to you, Bandkid!
http://www.kvoa.com/news/1200-national-guard-troops-to-be-deployed-to-border/
But

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »
It's a calculated, political move.  And a token move at that.  6,000 were sent in ~2006 and it was far from enough.

And I'm man enough to say that as well.  And much more if the facts are needed for any discussion.  :)
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
I'm hearing on the news now that the troops aren't even there to stop the flow of immigrants into the US, but rather to stop the flow of weapons out of the US and into Mexico.

If you ask me, he's neglecting to mention this because he wants to make people think he's doing something and save a few seats in Congress come November.

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »
He stated that this morning and I have to agree with you. What he is doing on the border is not enough.  Terrorists, drug dealers and illegals must NOT be allowed in our country. My many Hispanic friends agree with me.  Mexico should stop encouraging these people from coming here.  What is their government doing to provide jobs to their citizens.  If this keeps up, we will be in the same boat.

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
I'm hearing on the news now that the troops aren't even there to stop the flow of immigrants into the US, but rather to stop the flow of weapons out of the US and into Mexico.

If you ask me, he's neglecting to mention this because he wants to make people think he's doing something and save a few seats in Congress come November.

Anyone ever hear of Russia and China?  Mexican cartels don't need the US to provide firearms.  And there is proof that they are crossing over to US soil.
And jokers in Washington are concerned with protecting Mexico?

The world has turned upside down.  Common sense no longer prevails.  Loyalty to this country is lacking in DC.   :angry:
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »
My father was a WWII veteran and both my brother and myself are VietNam veterans and, as a result, love our country. When I was in school I was taught that treason is a hanging offense, no excuses.  Why are we not hanging these US born citizens who are planning terror attacks on our country? Since when do illegal immigrants have rights in this country?' As I've stated before, I am a Democrat. I am a moderate Democrat, not a liberal. So, tell me why some "tea sippers" think all Democrats are evil and they can actually history in our textbooks? I am Catholic and my religious education says we are to love everyone and it is not our right to judge, yet people can't get along with people who have different views? (I even try to get along with Justafan  :o) Now, if you know the answers to these questions, please share them.

Offline shovelhead

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
My father was a WWII veteran and both my brother and myself are VietNam veterans and, as a result, love our country. When I was in school I was taught that treason is a hanging offense, no excuses.  Why are we not hanging these US born citizens who are planning terror attacks on our country? Since when do illegal immigrants have rights in this country?' As I've stated before, I am a Democrat. I am a moderate Democrat, not a liberal. So, tell me why some "tea sippers" think all Democrats are evil and they can actually history in our textbooks? I am Catholic and my religious education says we are to love everyone and it is not our right to judge, yet people can't get along with people who have different views? (I even try to get along with Justafan  :o) Now, if you know the answers to these questions, please share them.
Hey squaw, I'd like to take a stab at answering your questions. First of all, you, your brother and father and all who have served our country is what has made this country great. I dont believe many of our leaders do a good enough job of recognizing that. The "tea sippers" as you call them, do not hate all Democrats. Just the ones that have voted with the current leadership to take this great country down the wrong path.  I know, Bush did it too and I'm not about to let him off the hook, but he was mild compared to the current administration. My father was a life-long, yellow dog Democrat. In his day, the Democratic party represented the working people of this country. I don't know who Barak Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and the Democrats that vote with them represent. Certainly not the working people! The current leaders have no desire to seal our borders, protect the jobs of American workers or provide the long term security of the American people. I dont think these Democrats represent or reflect your values, principles or ideals. For a family that fought communism, I don't see you embracing it now! I think we would agree on a lot of things until we apply a Democrat, Republican or Tea party label. As far as the textbook fiasco, it is just plain politics at play. I don't know if I have answered any of your questions, but thats my .02

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »

The "tea sippers" don't hate democrats, they hate anyone who doesn't represent the best interests and values of this nation. That includes republicans who fit that criteria.