Author Topic: PNG 2011 Track and Field Official Schedule  (Read 2739 times)

Offline carzan

• Veteran
PNG 2011 Track and Field Official Schedule
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:24:17 PM by carzan »
PNG has a Special Spirit, Pass it On!

Offline carzan

• Veteran
Re: PNG 2011 Track and Field Official Schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
Anybody else notice that the Texas Relays are on the official Track and Field Schedule? I wonder who all we are planning to bring to that one? For all events except relay teams the athlete must qualify and be accepted to go. That means he/she must compete in an official meet and turn in properly recorded results to UT and they will then accept the top "x" number of applicants for competition. For examply Dylan will have to compete in an official event and he will have to jump high enough to be in the top 25 applications they recieve to get an official acceptance notification and be allowed to compete.

I only know of 2 kids that are planning to try and qualify for the Texas Relays at this time. They are Hillary Coy in the Pole Vaulting Event and Dylan Richards in the High Jump Event. I believe Hillary won our region and I know she made it to the State meet last year! Dylan has won our Region for the past two consecutive years and finished 2nd in the State in 2010 and 7th in the state in 2009. He also qualified and competed in the Texas Relays in 2010.

Does any one know of any other kids we have that may be potential competitors in the Texas Relays? I know we could bring a relay team no matter what times we are running since there is no qualifier for that event. We would probably get smoked but it is an awesome Track Meet and would be a really great experience for those athletes that get to go. At last years Texas Relays there were 46000 fans in attendance (4 days) for the meet! To compete in a track or field event in front of that many people is a unique and rewarding experience.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:05:11 PM by carzan »

Offline carzan

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
 nm

Offline carzan

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »
Track Season HERE WE COME!

Offline pngmom4

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
the booster club is still looking for some help with the concessions.  The afternoon (1-5) is in need of the most help.  If you can hlp at all, just pm me and I will send the info to the appropriate people.  You do not have to be a BC member to work. 

FYI, monies generated by the BC do go back to all PNG athletics.

Offline carzan

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »
TTT