Author Topic: Did You See?  (Read 5500 times)

Offline PNGfan

Did You See?
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »
Did any of you see who was practicing on the new field today? Well it was the Lumberton Raider football team. I don't mind that much, but since the middle schools and under classmen only got to play there I think once, I think that another school shouldn't get to practice on it. I know they probably wanted a field with turf because their playoff game will be on turf, but I thought that was a slap in the face to those PNG kids that couldn't play on it. Is this silly of me or what?

Offline MightyNDNS

Re: Did You See?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:26:01 PM »
Did any of you see who was practicing on the new field today? Well it was the Lumberton Raider football team. I don't mind that much, but since the middle schools and under classmen only got to play there I think once, I think that another school shouldn't get to practice on it. I know they probably wanted a field with turf because their playoff game will be on turf, but I thought that was a slap in the face to those PNG kids that couldn't play on it. Is this silly of me or what?

Are they possibly playing the bi-district game here?  I don't know I haven't really paid attention since the last game.  Not silly, just protective!!! 

Offline PNGfan

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »

Are they possibly playing the bi-district game here?  I don't know I haven't really paid attention since the last game.  Not silly, just protective!!! 

No, Their playing in the Houston area, I think at Dayton's field. Just thought it was odd. I know earlier this year a small college team practiced on our new field before games were played there. I hope we're getting paid for the usage of the lights, etc. because if not, we are paying for other schools to come to our stadium to practice :crazy:

NDNPARENT

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 10:35:56 PM »
i have no problem wiht Lumberton using our field to prepare for the stadium at Dayton, They are representing our distric,.. now if it was central then i would be Bxtching! lol

Offline MightyNDNS

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:37:29 PM »
i have no problem wiht Lumberton using our field to prepare for the stadium at Dayton, They are representing our distric,.. now if it was central then i would be Bxtching! lol
:rocks: :punchingbag:

Offline NDN X

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:20:30 AM »
I noticed the lights on last night, but actually thought soccer or something was on the field.  Never drove by and looked.  Good luck to 'em.
Once an Indian....always an Indian!

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
I am sure they are not letting them practice on the field for FREE, I am sure they are paying something.

Offline badndn

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »
And the reason the middle schools and underclassmen only got to play on it once was not a field issue, but a construction issue with the fans. If you practice on the field you are not in the stands or under the bleachers!

Offline NDNgirl87

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
 :hi:

BI-DISTRICT PLAYOFF GAME Friday, November 14
   Nederland vs CE King Friday 11/14 7:30pm @ Dayton Field
   Lumberton vs Crosby Cougars @ 7:30 pm @ Humble's Turner Field

:helmet: I love football

Offline PNGBax20

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »
i know one thing,after its complete we'll have a ton of playoff games held there.All the small schools and some of the bigger schools will want to use it.That only means more money for us.

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:38:07 PM »
i know one thing,after its complete we'll have a ton of playoff games held there.All the small schools and some of the bigger schools will want to use it.That only means more money for us.
UPDATE: I reported this (use of our new field) to someone who went to the top with it.  From what I understand no one seems to know who granted permission to who. (if, in fact, persmission was given). James Ware announced last night that Lumberton was going to practice on PNG's field because they are playing their first game on astroturf.  Like others on here, I would like to know if PNG is getting paid for this.  I'd hate to see our new turf torn up by outsiders before even our middle school students get to play on it. I hate to be selfish, but our taxes paid for this and I doubt seriously that if its torn the district would be able to replace it at no cost.

Offline MightyNDNS

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »
UPDATE: I reported this (use of our new field) to someone who went to the top with it.  From what I understand no one seems to know who granted permission to who. (if, in fact, persmission was given). James Ware announced last night that Lumberton was going to practice on PNG's field because they are playing their first game on astroturf.  Like others on here, I would like to know if PNG is getting paid for this.  I'd hate to see our new turf torn up by outsiders before even our middle school students get to play on it. I hate to be selfish, but our taxes paid for this and I doubt seriously that if its torn the district would be able to replace it at no cost.

It better last longer than a few games!!!

NDNPARENT

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »

you mean we getting money back on our bond money when we rent it out?? NOT!! the PNGISD will get the extra  money for our board to WASTE on other stuff.

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »

you mean we getting money back on our bond money when we rent it out?? NOT!! the PNGISD will get the extra  money for our board to WASTE on other stuff.

WASTE in PNGISD?????  NEVER  ::)

Offline 1IDPURPLEMONSTER

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Mrs. 1IDPURPLEMONSTER drove by the school the other day, came home and told me that the band was still practicing on their old usual site.  Now, I will be honest I don't remember if this was before last Friday or not.  But, I do recall that one of the reasons why we went with this turf was so that the band could practice on the field and not tear it up.  If the band is still practicing for any competitions and not practicing on the field and we are "loaning" or "selling" our field out, this does PI$$ me off.  I guess we need to sell our field off now to fix the classrooms.

Offline NDNMOM

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:14 PM »
spoke to someone from Lumberton yes they paid a fee to use the field and for the lights. they are playin Dayton in HUMBLE The fields in humble are turf so this helped them get the feel for the field

Offline justafan

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 05:50:24 AM »
Lumberton is playing Crosby!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline badndn

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
The only thing that I can see with the band not using it as an access issue. They can easily go down the hall and out the side door to get to the practice field, but with all of the other construction going on it may be much more difficult to get to the stadium from the band hall. ???

coonass322

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 11:29:46 AM »
I am actually just happy to see kids using the fields rather than running around town doing something stupid...Regardless if they are from our district or not.....

I think some of you complain just to complain....

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
I am actually just happy to see kids using the fields rather than running around town doing something stupid...Regardless if they are from our district or not.....

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 08:26:30 AM »

Oh, a frustrated cheerleader wannabe at work?

Offline modmouse78

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
i second that about complaining to complain....there are a few people that will come on here and just complain about anything and everything.  I don't know what you all are complaining about.  Our new president elect wants to spread the wealth.  Looks like that is what we are doing.

Offline yankeedawg

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »

Aaaaggghhhhh...there goes my lil purple clappin dudes again!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta find some of em in black and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »

EXCUSE ME????  I am not a WANNABE.  If I am frustrated it is because it's very irratating to come here and hear all of the complaining that goes on around here.

Offline PNGfan

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 02:11:06 PM »

I don't think I'm complaining just to complain. Maybe it wasn't directed towards me, but I started the thread.  I don't care if another school uses it, all I was saying is that people were complaining as you put it about the middle schools and the underclassmen teams not getting to play on it except for one time. Also, games could've played on it at those levels as long as everybody sat on the visitor side like they did when they let them play on it. It's not that big of a deal and I was seeing what other people thought. Just FYI, I don't complain just to complain, but your entitled to your opinion just like others. BTW, if it were up to me and it's not, I would've waited till everything was completed to let everybody play on it. There I go again complaining :laugh: