Author Topic: Track surface going down!  (Read 1669 times)

Offline NDNTime

• Veteran
Track surface going down!
« on: January 14, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »

Offline afndn

Re: Track surface going down!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »
TTIWWP!

Offline PNGfan

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »
They painted the track last night, a redish color. Alot of people upset over the color of the track, but I actually think it looks nice. It makes all of the colors on the field stand out.

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
They are going to hate the reddish color. The color bleeds off on everything. Especially anything that is white. My daughter was a cheerleader (from another school district) and they hated when they went to a school that had a reddish painted track. Everything that touched it turned red. The girls white cheer shoes would turn reddish brown by the end of a game. Their shoes would have to be bleached after a game. A real mess.  >:(

Offline NDN X

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:11:46 PM »
I saw the track today and it is brick red color.  I bet it is very hard to get off white.  Does it just rub off  or is it when it is wet that it gets on everything?  Maybe they can scotch guard their shoes.  That might help. (???)
Once an Indian....always an Indian!

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »
I saw the track today and it is brick red color.  I bet it is very hard to get off white.  Does it just rub off  or is it when it is wet that it gets on everything?  Maybe they can scotch guard their shoes.  That might help. (???)
Not trying to be negative, just stating a fact that I know from past experience. It does not matter whether the track is dry or wet.  It would still bleed off. Now it did seem like the older the track paint was, the easier it was to rub off on everything. Kind of like when you freshly paint something. Over time and in our southeast Texas weather the paint starts to turn powdery and rub off. Just stop and think, the track is made of a rubber material. Paint does not stick to rubber very well or for very long. Ever tried to paint a tire? Big mess. The band kids need to keep this in mind on their white shoes.  :ha: Just a heads up...

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »
There are different types of surface paint.  This may be less likely to wear off.
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline EX79NDN

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
There are different types of surface paint.  This may be less likely to wear off.
I hope so. That would be good.