Author Topic: PNG Windfall: What to do with a extra $100k  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
Re: PNG Windfall: What to do with a extra $100k
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
OMG some of those comments were truly horrible.  What this woman did was a wonderful way to remember her son.

Offline shovelhead

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
I agree. That blogspot seems to have lots of negative trash so I hardly ever read it. I think it was a cool way to honor and remember her son.

Offline pngfan93

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »
If it had been done in their school district, it would be ok.  Its kinda nice to belong to one of the most hated districts in the area!

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
The main negative poster on that site (I think everyone knows who I'm referring to) is just a rather crabby person who is probably jealous of PN-G and its supportive community. Anyone who is willing to buck an old woman for trying to commemorate her son is a person of low importance to society that can't come to terms with his or her own problems and has to rant about other people to try and look important.
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline Cheermom4

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »
The main negative poster on that site (I think everyone knows who I'm referring to) is just a rather crabby person who is probably jealous of PN-G and its supportive community. Anyone who is willing to buck an old woman for trying to commemorate her son is a person of low importance to society that can't come to terms with his or her own problems and has to rant about other people to try and look important.

You stated that so very nicely, bandkid.

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »
I just read that blog and was disgusted by it. Some on there just sounded jealous that this lady had that much money to give to PNG athletics. Both of our sons were Indian football players and it doesn't take a genius to recognize all that the competition of athletics teach young men. For example, how to become a man. It teaches teamwork, leadership and the value of hard work.  At least, that's what PNG athletes learn--maybe I am wrong to assume that other school districts athletic programs are like ours.

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »

Thanks. It took great restraint.
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline NDNTime

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »

Thanks. It took great restraint.

FF is a complete disgrace..

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 10:31:24 PM »
The Bayou is a piece of trash.
Go Indians!!!