Author Topic: Electronic identification sparks privacy debate  (Read 1238 times)

Offline IndianFan

• Founder-Administrator
  • Veteran
    • Port Neches-Groves Indians Football
Port Neches-Groves Indians
3-time State Champions
6-time State Finalist
26-time District Champions
60th team in UIL History to reach 500 wins
Honor, Pride, Tradition
www.pngindians.com

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
Re: Electronic identification sparks privacy debate
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »
You'd think that there are other options that offer the same efficiency while respecting privacy. The potential for abuse is too great. I'd like to see our state and federal governments looking into other options.
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."

Offline PNG Proud

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »
I'd like to see the legislators make it a federal offense to steal electronic data, or even spamming.  Now, THAT would be great!
Go Indians!!!

Offline squaw

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »
How is this news?  Your automobiles, if they are newer, also come equipped with electronic systems that identify you along with how fast you were going, etc., when the accident occurs. I don't like that, either.

Offline PN-G bamatex

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »
How is this news?  Your automobiles, if they are newer, also come equipped with electronic systems that identify you along with how fast you were going, etc., when the accident occurs. I don't like that, either.

How is this not news? It's a major privacy issue. If nothing else, we can at least be informed of the issue.
The thing about being an Indian is that you're an Indian, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you play soccer or a tuba, it doesn't matter if you're on the football team or the drill team, it doesn't matter if you lead the cheers or the jeers. You're still part of that "Honor, Pride, & Tradition."